Registered Name: Society of Saint Vincent de Paul - St John Chrysostom/St Elizabeth Seton ConferenceBusiness Number: 132410671RR0187
Members of our Conference are drawn from the two Newmarket parishes of:
MissionThe Mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul is:
• to live the Gospel message
• by serving Christ in the poor
• with love, respect, justice and joy.
Our work is done with humility and respect - bearing witness to the love that God has for all people, making no distinctions of creed, ethnic or social background, health, gender, or political opinions.
The Work of our SocietyThe St. John Chrysostom/St. Elizabeth Seton Conference serving Newmarket and East Gwillimbury focuses on helping families, seniors and individuals in our community, who have fallen on hard times, primarily with food vouchers. We also:
• purchase/distribute up to 70 Good Food Network boxes of fresh fruits and vegetables monthly
• provide food vouchers and gift cards to over 160 families every Christmas
• collect and distribute over 1,000 gifts to people supported by various agencies and group homes
• source donations of gently used household items on request
• provide information on other community resources
- Donations to the poor box and our Christmas Collection
- Online credit card donations through CanadaHelps
- Funeral donations in lieu of flowers
- Special fundraisers:
- Knights of Columbus,
- Catholic Women's League/Guild (CWL, CWG)
CanadaHelps is a Canadian charity that exists to provide inexpensive online donation capability to Canadian charities. You will make your donation to CanadaHelps by clicking the DONATE button. CanadaHelps will then process the credit card donation, issue you an official tax receipt (email or download) and forward the donation to us after deducting a fee of 3.4% to cover costs and bank charges. Repeating monthly donations can also be set up with CanadaHelps.
Contact usIf you are in need of assistance, want information or are interested in becoming a Vincentian, please call:
voicemail line: (905) 898-4264 and leave a message.